The top 100 papers
Citation: Richard Van Noorden, Brendan Maher, Regina Nuzzo (2014/10/30) The top 100 papers. Nature 514 (RSS)
DOI (original publisher): 10.1038/514550a
Semantic Scholar (metadata): 10.1038/514550a
Sci-Hub (fulltext): 10.1038/514550a
Internet Archive Scholar (search for fulltext): The top 100 papers
Tagged: academia (RSS), scientometrics (RSS)
- The top 100 contains a few famous discoveries, but mostly papers introducing methods which have become standard
- Confounding factors:
- Important discoveries become common knowledge (textbooks) and not cited.
- Older papers have had more time to accrue citations.
- Some fields has more citations.
- Some fields have more publications.
- Many papers have no citations.